Special Events Permits


(from the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority SOP General Info and FAQ page)

Special Occasion Permits are required for anyone selling alcohol, or for anyone serving alcohol at an event that is not held in a commercially permitted establishment, a private residence, or another private place. This is true for private, invitation-only events as well as for public events.  SLGA will not permit a private residence, but may consider permitting an outdoor event on a farm or acreage.

All applicants for special occasion permits should apply at least 10 (ten) days in advance of the scheduled function to ensure adequate time for processing.

The best way to get your special occasion permit is to apply online or purchase it at any Saskatchewan liquor retailer. Please visit the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority website for more information about Special Occasion Permits.


If you are planning any sort of function that may require municipal approval please submit your request to RM no less than 30 days prior to the event.  The RM requires notification of any event:

  • being held on municipal property (such as Big Gully Park,  Hillmond Memorial Hall,  Hillmond Redden Arena);
  • that will bring a significant amount of additional traffic into the RM; or
  • that may violate the RM's Noise Bylaw .

By advising the RM in advance of the event, we can work with you to help ensure that any required permits, insurance, permissions, or other considerations addressed and place. Please call the RM office to speak with the CAO for more information.