Contract/ Appointment Position - Pest Control Officer
The R.M. of Britannia No. 502 is seeking a licensed individual to appoint as a Pest Control Officer to carry out duties under the Pest Control Act, 1978, for the municipality. Only those individuals having a Provincial Pesticide Applicators license will be considered.
The Pest Control Officer, at least once a year, in the spring, summer or fall, will visit and inspect each site within an RM where agriculture produce is (or were) stored or where livestock or poultry are housed (or have been housed) and perform the following tasks:
- Advise clients on how to prevent rat infestation;
- Inspect buildings and outside areas to detect signs of rat infestation;
- Determine type of treatment required;
- Clean out areas that harbour pests; and
- Instruct clients on the best solutions to control rat infestation.
The Pest Control Officer requires a valid driver’s license and their own transportation. Mileage rate for all necessary travel will be paid by the municipality.
Interested individuals are invited to send resumes, references, wage expectations, and mileage rates to:
R.M. of Britannia No. 502
Questions may be directed to Bryson Leganchuk at 306-825-2610 or email@example.com
Posted March 2023, updated July 19, 2023
(This notice will be posted until the position has been filled)