The Rural Municipality of Britannia No. 502 must ensure the safety of municipal roads and the protection of municipal drainage systems by regulating access approaches from private property to municipal roads within the Municipality, including the Lloydminster Planning District. Policy TS-013 (as approved under Bylaw 02-2023) has been developed with this in mind and provides standards for the construction of access approaches within the RM.
Please review TS-013 Road Approach Policy for more information.
If you are planning on constructing an approach to access your property across a municipal road allowance, you will need to receive approval from the municipality prior to the construction of the approach. The proposed location will be inspected by the municipality to ensure proper drainage and sight-line safety. All proposed approaches must be staked prior to inspection.
Form required: Approach Application
|Application||$100.00 + GST|
|Deposit - Ag or Residential Use||$500.00|
|Deposit - Commercial or Industrial||$1,000.00|
Permit, Deposit, and General Information
- The deposit will be refunded to the applicant at the time the approach has been deemed completed by the Municipal Operations Manager.
- If the permit expires and no work has been completed, the municipality will refund the deposit less a $100.00 administration fee.
- If the approach approval permit is canceled prior to the expiry of the approach permit, the applicant will receive 100% refund of the deposit.
- The approach approval permit is valid for 12 months from the date of approval. One six month extension will be granted if written notice is received from the applicant, prior to the expiry of the approach approval permit.
- A survey plan may be required at the expense of the applicant if the approach is located within 30 metres of a side-yard property line.
- The applicant is 100% responsible for the work and cost associated with the construction of the approach including the purchase of a culvert, as approved by the municipality prior to starting construction.
For more information...
Please contact the RM Office at 306-825-2610.